All Catalyst Learning Curricula (CLC) product purchases come with a single-user license that may not be extended to another person or entity or shared in any format.
CLC products are for none other than the intended use of educating minor age students legitimately enrolled in the licensed teacher’s class. Individuals that purchase a CLC product are legally responsible for maintaining control over their licensed copy. If a CLC product is purchased by a school or district, the license does not rest with the teacher, but with the school or district office that has taken the financial and legal responsibility for the product. The school or district can decide which teacher may use a license, but a single license cannot be shared by multiple teachers within a department, school or district. When a teacher retires or is no longer teaching the course for which the license was bestowed, the all parts of the curriculum must be removed from that teacher’s computer and personal effects before the license can be legally passed on to another teacher under the discretion of the school or district. Retention of a CLC product by an unlicensed user or the use of a single license by more than one user is an infringement of copyright laws and may be pursued with legal action.
A CLC product:
- May be used with the rostered (minor) students of the licensed user—for example, student handouts may be printed for use with the licensed teacher’s students for multiple class periods, year after year
- May be included on a digital classroom if the Internet site is password protected and is for the sole use of the licensed teacher’s enrolled (minor) students during that school year
- May be printed for use in a paper format for sole use by the licensed teacher
- May be copied on to multiple computers if they are solely used by the licensed teacher
- May not be shared with other educators, departments, districts or other entities
- May not be used to teach classes, workshops or other public presentations made to adults
- May not be posted, copied or distributed in part or whole for any reason except as stated above
- May not be altered in part or whole and claimed as intellectual property
Any questions about the lawful use of a CLC product can be directed to Kristen Daniels Dotti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Catalyst Learning Curricula products are protected by United States copyright laws and are filed under individual copyright licenses in the Library of Congress in original and updated editions prior to release (2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2018).
The corporation name Catalyst Learning Curricula, the logo, design and the Daily Lesson Plans tag are protected under United States trademark laws through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2005, 2018).